Thursday, August 8, 2013

Time to talk Sox


70 wins w/ 46 games left to play.  The reason I am writing that is because last year the Sox won 69 games total.  Unbelievable turnaround so far by this team.  Fun to watch, they never give up and now we could potentially make a run for the World Series trophy.  I’m starting to smell another butchered Menino speak and a duckboat parade.  I never thought that was possible at the start of the year.  I said 79 wins at the beginning of the year.  That does not look like it is going to happen and never in my life has it felt so good to be so completely wrong.

Anyway the Sox have a 2.5 lead over the Rays for 1st in the AL East.  The division title is so much more important now because of the 1 game wildcard playoff.  I don’t think I could survive watching the Red Sox in a one game playoff.  Way too much anxiety , I’ll be sweating, swearing and sharting myself for 33-4 straight hours and that is just not a good situation for anyone in my household.  So 46 games left and I think we need b/w 95-98 wins to lock up the division. That means 25-28 more wins or a 54%-61% winning percentage the rest of the way. 

Now let’s look at the remaining schedule and see if this is possible.
Royals:                  4 games away
Giants:                  3 games away
Dodgers:              3 games away
White Sox:          3 games home
Tigers:                   3 games home
Rockies:               2 games away
Orioles:                 6 games home, 3 games away
Yankees:              6 games home, 4 games away
Blue Jays:            3 games home, 3 games away
Rays:                     3 games away

I’m thinking we can grab 26 of these, so that makes the magic number 96.  Each Thursday I will keep a tab of how close we are to that magic # and if it is realistic.  I might also start keeping an eye on what the Rays need to do to catch us.  Buckle down everyone, should be a hell of a ride. 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment