Sunday, December 11, 2016

Netflix Review: Michael Che Matters


I saw a small clip about this new comedy special on Netflix on the twitter machine last week.  The clip I saw was pretty damn funny, so I decided to give the whole special a watch.  I was not disappointed.  The topics Michael Che hits on are gentrification, homophobia, racism, Donald Trump, gun violence, Hitler and Black Lives Matter.  His comedic takes on all these issues were unexpected and funny.  For example, Che is not a Trump supporter but he likes Donald Trump.  His reason is that you always need that one over confident buddy in your group of friends.  We all know that guy and Trump is that guy.  Also Michael Che involves two guys from the crowd as part of his routine. That part of the special impressed me, because he took two random guys from the audience and made it a really funny part of his act.  All in all the special is 60 minutes long and I laughed out loud for about 57 of those 60 minutes. 
Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment