Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I CAN NOT wait until the Yankees sign Ellsbury to a 9 year / $300 Million contract


I am so beyond sick of Jacoby Ellsbury.  I went to the game last night and HEY! What do you know, Ellsbury was not playing because he had a scheduled off day.  No big deal,  you know since we are fighting for the playoffs right now.  I am so glad the Red Sox are continuing to win without prima donnas like Bucholz and Ellsbury.  It also gives me more confidence in this team moving forward.  I mean next year we’ll have Bradley Jr. and Victorino in the 1 and 2 spots.  I can live with that.  Also it will be the best news in the world to see the Yankees or Dodgers or some other sucker team sign Ellsbury for a ridiculous contract and he really is not that great.  I'll probably be laughing like the joker the day the news breaks of his ridiculous deal.

Anyway we still have a World Series to win this year, so Ellsbury can stick around for that and when he does eventually leave the Red Sox will be able to get a 1st round pick out of it.  Recent rumors are that the Sox may get Jake Peavy from the White Sox.  That move doesn’t blow me away but I think the Sox may go thru with it because they will take on Peavy’s big salary and only have to give up a low level prospect in return.  We won’t have to dump future guys like Bogarts, Bradley Jr., Webster, Dela Rosa, etc. to get him.  It will be a guy a Sox geek like me has never heard of, like in the Matt Thornton deal.  Also Peavy has a player option for 2015 and he has to pitch 190 innings in 2014 and 400 total for 2013 & 2014.  He only  has 73 innings pitched this year, so in order for him to get that option he would have to be greater than Warren Spahn.  Not going to happen,  but the Sox can find a way to use him for an extra year.  God knows we’ll need him again next year when Bucholz breaks another nail and gets put on the 60 day DL.

No comments:

Post a Comment