Saturday, February 4, 2017

Netflix Series Review: Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events


Lemony's Snickets A series of Unfortunate Events is an eight episode series on Netflix.  Since I have two daughters they wanted to watch it with me, so I got dragged into it.  Honestly with all the garbage that Disney and Nickolodean shits out for kids to watch, this was a fresh change of pace. It's a kids/family show that is not unbearable to watch.  What an amazing concept!  The show reminds me of the most recent Charlie and the Chocoloate Factory movie combined with the 1980's movie Labyrinth. The setting is odd and the characters are so weird.  Basically if you watch this show and you dont have kids, you need to be checked into a clinic, or you just dropped a bunch of LSD and want to go on some strange trip.  All this being said my kids loved it and it was nice to actually watch a show togehter as a family that was decent and entertaining.  I think Netflix could really be on to something with these type of family shows, because like I said, the crap that Disney churnes out is disgusting.  My 7 year old watches "jesse" and "the thundermans" and honest to god it is the worst pile of shit ever created. Trump needs to find the assholes who write this crap and deport them to Libya. It's terrible and rots my kids brains.  So if those type of shows are your competition if you put out a decent product like Lemony Snickets, you raise the bar.  Lets hope for the sake of humanity and parents everywhere it keeps up.

Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment