Friday, February 17, 2017

Movie Review: Captain Fantastic

Captain Fantastic is about a man who raise six kids off the grid.  Viggo Mortensen is the main character and he is up for an Accademy Award for best actor for the film, so thats the reason I wanted to watch it. I also heard and read decent reviews so I gave it a shot. It reminded me a lot of Little Miss Sunshine.  So if you hate that movie, don't bother watching this flick, if you like that movie, I know you will like this flick.

Mortensen is great in the film, but he plays this super left wing guy who teaches his kid to read Norm Chomsky and teaches them not to trust "the man". So when it comes to that storyline I always have to ask myself did Hollywood just nominate him because of the storyline?  It's sad you have to ask yourself that, but I can help myself to question it.  He's still good, but is he that good? hmm.

All in all the movie has a good story. He moves his family off the grid after his wife becames mentally ill and when he finds out she committed suicide, he takes his family from Oregon to Arizona to attend her funeral.  Of course the wifes family hates him and from there I will not ruin the rest of the movie you.

Grade: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment