Sunday, November 27, 2016

Netflix Review: Dana Carvey Straight White Male, 60

This is a new thing I wanted to do.  Write about all the stuff I watch on Netflix, HBO, cable, espn and maybe I may even get out of my house and go to an actual movie.  Living the life of a suburban father is not that exciting.  Which is really a good thing, because if I was living a life where I was never around that would be bad for my wife and kids.  Read this or don't. I dont care.  Well if we are being honest I do hope you read it, but if not thats fine as well.


The first thing I want to review is Dana Carvey's new comedy special on Netflix.  It. was. hilarious.
It is hard to beleive it has been 24 years since the first Waynes World came out.  I was 12 when that move came out and I think it should of won best picture in 1992.  Actually I still do beleive that.  Carvey has kind of been a ghost lately, but this special is a great comeback.  Dana Carvey is known for his unbelievable impresssions and he starts out his special with some great impressions.  He does Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders and Barack Obama.  All spot on.  His Obama impression was the best. His Sanders was good, but I think Larry David is still the king of the Sanders impression.

Other things Dana Carvey talks about in this special, is visiting Italy, havings teenage sons, his family (mostlly he talks about his father and his older brother who he based the character Garth from his SNL Waynes World skits) the difference between younger and older woman and we ends the special doing a bit where John Lennon calls Paul McCarthy from heaven and they have a hilarious chat about the last 35 years.  All in all, if you like comedy, you will not be disappointed.  I say this is a must watch.

Grade: A +

No comments:

Post a Comment