Friday, December 27, 2013

Could you live without ESPN?

Todays big story in the sports world is that ESPN is getting a lot of tax breaks. Shocking!  What company doesnt.  I can see why people get angry about this though.  Joe 6 Pack is working his ass off to keep the heat on at his house in the winter and he doesnt get a tax break but ESPN does? What gives????  So ya it's BS but facts are facts.  ESPN is almost 1/2 of all of Disneys profits and if the people of Connecticut what to pay hardball fine, I'm sure some other state like Utah or South Dakota would do the same thing to allow ESPN to come there.  Anyway this story is overall pointless, but it got me thinking could I live w/out ESPN? I'm talking no ESPN on TV, no ESPN radio and no ESPN websites.   I think I could pull it off.  I mean there are hundreds of other sports websites out there and I'd probably watch all the highlights I missed on Fox Sports 1 or Youtube the next day.  The thing that would suck the most is if the Patriots were on Monday night Football and I would have to listen to the game on the radio like it was the 1940's.  The college football games this week would be a  bummer.  I spent about an hour last night watching the Little Caesasr Bowl between Bowling Green and Pittsburgh. All in all I think I could do it, so ESPN screw you and refund me back $5.54 a month of my hard earned money I am giving you to cover the costs of your crappy shows like "Dan LeBatard is highly questionable" and "First Take".

No comments:

Post a Comment